AdultFriendFinder Dating Site Review 2024
|Number of Members
|People with unconventional kinks
LGBTQ+ daters and enthusiasts
Beneficial relationships seeking
Extramarital affairs and casual flings
|Blogs and Communities
Live streams in the webcam section
“Hot or Not” swiping game
After reviewing dozens of adult dating sites, I finally got to AdultFriendFinder.com and combed through every corner of the hookup website. I did buy high-end packages to see what AdultFriendFinder website has to offer for paying members, and I tested the user base on legitimacy.
My personal experience and the result of the two-week-long online dating on Adult Friend Finder, as well as the answer to the question, “Is AdultFriendFinder a legit site or not?” are set out in all the details in the review. Spoiler: I got a hookup. Disclaimer: not for serious relationships.
Pros and cons of Adult Friend Finder
- It offers a neat responsive app
- The user base is over 40 million members
- It’s LGBTQ+ friendly
- The site is fetish friendly
- The AdultFriendFinder pricing policy is fair and affordable
- Any question would be swimmingly solved by support
- No interaction without a paid membership
- There are cases of AdultFriendFinder scams, like on other sites
- It makes your eyes pivot from advertisements
AdultFriendFinder review: Our opinion and basic info
1996 is when AdultFriendFinder was established, so it has been on the market for about 27 years already. It’s an app, a social network, and a dating platform under a single roof for all kinds of people that connects people with bold fantasies or just curious enthusiasts globally.
I spent weeks there, and here’s what I found: lit messaging system, broadcasting models, communities, random people willing to get to know you better, the strong vibe of lust, buzz, and freedom, and, what’s no less crucial, reasonable AdultFriendFinder price, where the membership starts at just $40 for a month.
Fast facts about Adult Friend Finder
- There were 54M users in January 2023
- The website is most popular in the United States (76.33%)
- There are 83% of males on AdultFriendFinder
- 35% of users are 55-65+ years old
- AdultFriendFinder was featured in Forbes, Business Insider, and CNN
- Site Name:
- Paid or Free: Paid subscription with free features available
- Average Sign-Up Time: 4.5 minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: starts as low as $39.95 per month
Who is Adult Friend Finder for and not for
- People seeking one-night stands
- Those who aren’t interested in serious relationships
- Users who are ready to pay for high-quality dating services
- Individuals seeking love and long-term relationships
- People who don’t want to pay for dating sites
How does Adult Friend Finder work?
AdultFriendFinder has a streamlined algorithm for matching you with other members. Basically, the Adult Friend Finder dating website doesn’t allow you to interact with the users unless you have a gold membership. However, you can still read the messages you receive. In general, the platform offers a wide variety of services, so let’s take a look at the most popular services on the site.
Hotlisting for free members
A free member who just got a message from someone they adore but can’t answer yet can resort to the “Hotlist” feature. It allows pinning your favorite user to return to them later, while the hotlisted user will be notified about this interaction.
Matching and chat rooms participation
After you get the gold membership, you’re free to use all the website’s features. The extended search filters help you sort members by distance, age, kinks, body types, etc., and then you’re free to reach out via direct messages. There are also communities and groups to find a fling, a relationship, a one-night stand, or just have fun.
Knowing your date is legit and won’t prepare uninvited secrets for you is neat. Therefore, there is a broadcasting service. A Live Streaming button redirects you to the real-time streams of actual users, where you can either choose a date to ask out by filtering the casts or enjoy the cams, chatting with models and tipping them.
How much does AdultFriendFinder cost?
A membership unlocks everything offered to get the feel of the Adult Friend Finder app at maximum and grows the odds for success. That’s how it should work. On the other hand, I would never find out the answer to the question, “Is AdultFriendFinder worth it or not?” if I omit the gold membership, so I bite the bullet.
At last, Adult Friend Finder allows you to check and poke around before investing by offering a decent range of free features. So, how much does AdultFriendFinder cost? Let’s take a brief look at the prices.
|$14.95 per month
|$19.95 per month
|$24.95 per month
Additionally, there are points (Pts) that are used as local tokens. You can earn them for chatting, for your profile completion, or simply buy them. The prices are as follows:
You can pay using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or by means of other payment methods popular globally. AdultFriendFinder is safe for transaction making and is protected by different protocols, including 3DES and McAfee.
What can I do for free?
- Edit your profile (it has a lot of sections to edit)
- Watch streams and webcams.
- Join communities of your interest.
- Read blogs of other users and those local.
- Receive messages from other users.
What can I do with a premium membership?
- Send messages, videos, and attachments
- Join categorized adult chat rooms
- Watch exclusive cams in Live member webcams
- Send “Flirts”
- Play “Hot or Not” (a swiping partner search)
- Participate in contests
- Join their Sexual Academy (it’s a full-fledged course)
- Write dirty stories in Blogs and Erotic Stories
- Recommend profiles to other users
- Tip models or other users on the website
Registration on the AdultFriendFinder app
- The sign-up is easy, streamlined, and free
- You will be asked to select your gender
- You will have to select your body type, ethnicity, and marital status
- The final necessary step is giving a brief Intro Title (a catchy line)
The sign-up takes up to five minutes, three of which I was intensively coming up with a line for the Title. For guys, choose a gender carefully—the background changes in accordance with your choice, and you probably don’t want male genitals on your screen.
After you’ve chosen a gender, marital status and answered basic physical appearance questions, there are the next mandatory questions, as well as the Title while filling out a huge detailed form, if not—you can postpone it.
Users of AdultFriendFinder
Let’s see who writes all thereviews, namely, identify the average user of the dating site and see who you will meet there.
First and foremost, to prove what I’ve said about the massive user base, here’s what similarweb.com has to say about it:
Also, notice that the website serves everyone older than 18 years old, and some people take it very seriously. During my journey, I stumbled across aged people whom I admired for their boldness.
Americans tend to use the site more than any other country, Canada is in second place, and we can also see Great Britain. However, they use another domain of the website.
In general, the user base of the site is diverse, meaning you can find the very partner you need here.
The AFF’s interface and usability
The dating site Adult Friend Finder is not really snazzy. It’s old, frankly. However, having all the features at the tips of your fingers is convenient; all you need from your tools are on the left sidebar, while categories are above.
I can’t call Adult Friend Finder the king of minimalistic approach among dating sites because it’s staffed with ads, elements, redirecting links, and other web objects, but in my opinion, it’s common on many other dating sites that are 20+ years old.
What I liked as a user
The hookup site, overall, is very and very decent. First thing I appreciated, and the reason I’m telling that much about this website in thisreview, is its legitimacy. It’s a fair platform with real people and real hookup possibilities.
Here’s what I also appreciated and admired during the AdultFriendFinder dating site review:
- Verification. It’s strict, though fake accounts do exist, and they’re annoying, yet they are easy to recognize. The verification is not only by email. In fact, you have to take a picture of yourself with a sign in your hands. There’s an ID verification as well, so there are three types of getting validated. For me, that answers the question, “Is AdultFriendFinder legit or not?”
- Features quantity. Unlike other sites, Adult Friend Finder offers a lot of options. There are communities, live streams, myriads of tools for interaction, filtering, dating, and pretty much everything a decent hookup site has to offer.
- Detailed profiles. The profiles on this site are very detailed, but we will talk more about this later. There are several sections to fill out and even a couple of tests to have fun and learn better.
- The free member plan is OK. The Adult Friend Finder app gives you a chance to sniff around and test some features before you decide to invest. As it’s more of a social networking site with active AdultFriendFinder users, you can join a couple of communities to see what’s going on and even interact with people in some way.
- The site’s mobile version. One of the world’s largest sex sites has a pretty decent app that’s available in the Google Play market. I haven’t found one for iOS, though.
- Gold members get a lot. Premium membership is a fair thing. Traditional dating sites won’t give you much quality stuff for free account sign-up, but neither would they offer that much to a paying member.
- Organized messaging. You can literally create folders to sort your letters! This feature is apparently here to help you separate flings and friends.
As you can see, there are many cool features on the site, and I enjoyed them a lot.
First interaction on AdultFriendFinder
- The Message Center is huge and is divided into sections
- You can use folders to organize your messages
- You can send custom “stickers” to your interlocutor
To test chatting, I filtered members and reached out to five profiles via the message center, and quickly got responses from three of the five profiles I messaged. We had some fun with custom stickers and meme-sharing.
The Message Center appeared to be a massive complex that became available after the AdultFriendFinder subscription was purchased. There are many sections for different channels of communication and even folders to keep your conversations organized.
Your AdultFriendFinder account overview
AdultFriendFinder profiles are dope, and your profile would be as well. On other platforms, you have an “About me” section, a bit of a tag, and a gallery.
Here you have five times more. Complete profiles are featured with a badge, and people have more trust in filled profiles because fake members won’t be spending time on their personality test passing.
#1 Basic profile
This is what you’re offered to fill out after the sign-up. First of all, there are 7 group categories for your preferred gender partner:
- Couple (man/woman)
- Couple (2 women)
- Couple (2 men)
There are boxes to check, you can choose several options and let users know what you’re looking for. Then goes three essay-based sections:
- “Introduction Title”
- “Tell others about yourself.”
- “My Ideal Person”
All, as the titles claim, exist to tell much about your sexual fantasies and more. This is still available as a free version of your profile, can you imagine it?
Here you’re about to tell the website all about your appearance. Besides the basic questions (eye color, body type, weight, height, hair length, tattoos, ethnicity), there are also a couple of questions about your python, including width and length. For women, it’s about the bust and cup size.
Here, you tell about your location, especially your nearest city, ZIP code, your traveling location if you travel, and some info about your hometown. This question can be filled in just a few clicks.
#4 Personality type
There’s a list of personal questions that should tell more about your life and lifestyle:
- Sexual orientation
- Religion/education/marital status
- Swing preferences
- Children section
- Languages you speak
After you finish there, you have a wide and quite unique section of personality type questions that are visible to anyone if you turn them in. There are a lot of questions, and it’s more like a test where you check the circles (Agree, Disagree, etc).
There are separate sections for your videos and photos where you can add, edit, remove them, and so on. Your profile will be verified when you upload a photo where you hold a sign with your nickname and your face is recognizable in the photo. You will even earn the badge that you’re a real person.
Your sexual preferences are to be mentioned here, the entire section where you tell (check boxes) about your fetishes and kinks, and the list is versatile.
#8 Purity test
The purity test is the way to define whether you’re “Pure” or “Naughty” by answering a range of 100 questions that revolve around your sexual experience. The results will be featured in your profile only if you want it, but I recommend showing to users your real self.
3 Neat profile picture tips
Finally, let’s touch on the cruciality of a gallery and your profile picture. Many users would choose for their sex life someone hot over someone nerdy, and the only way to demonstrate your best sizes is by uploading decent imagery.
Here are 3 tips on how to make a neat profile picture for hookup sites:
- Make it unconventional. Don’t set yourself in your green yard in jeans and sunglasses as a PFP, it’s lame. Use a picture of yourself in a bar, club, on a beach, or in some cool place.
- Play with backgrounds. Zero background makes the picture interest-piquing and more professional looking.
- Dress up or undress. No middle option. You should look snazzy, wear something in accordance with your sexual personality, or get undressed and pick a hot picture of your body.
These tips will surely help you make your profile picture outstanding.
|Over 40 million members monthly
|Barely has 8 million
|A neat mobile app
|A mobile app for iOS and Android, and a nice mobile browser version
|Over 8 different profile sections to fill out quizzes
|Profiles don’t have that level of performance but still are informative
|Nothing related to videos
|Three types of verification
|One type of verification
After grasping how AdultFriendFinder works, the website seems very neat, with all the features it provides. I managed to find several hookups in a week by actively looking for them though don’t expect that zero involvement will get your fruits. This website has multiple purposes and will serve many people with diverse preferences. It’s time when investing in premium membership is worth it.
Free AdultFriendFinder membership allows you to use 40% of AdultFriendFinder’s free features but does not allow chatting. You can read blogs and magazines, you can watch free streams, receive messages, and manage your profile by being a free membership owner.
It does, but the US and the UK are the major countries that sign in actively. The site is multilingual and has users from all over the globe, so your country will most likely be there.
No, they won’t. The website takes your privacy very seriously, so your pictures will never appear in any search engine.
No, only your email is required. It is also used as an AdultFriendFinder login option. However, to get verified, you will need your ID.