WhatsYourPrice Dating Site Review
|Number of Members
|Around 5 million
|From $0.25 per credit
|Going on real dates with Generous members or Attractive members
Whats Your Price is actually one of the most interesting online dating websites. It offers a scheme that connects singles interested in real dates, not just in endless chatting online. But is WhatsYourPrice worth paying for?
I read a lot of WhatsYourPrice real reviews, but none explained all the aspects of how the site works, so I decided to join this platform and analyze it in detail.
My main goal was to learn everything about Attractive members, the benefits and drawbacks of premium membership, the number of real and fake profiles, and evaluate the behavior of users and the experience overall.
So, if you consider joining the community, too, and are looking for WhatsYourPrice reviews, look no further. I share all my findings, thoughts, and impressions in my in-depth WhatsYourPrice review.
WhatsYourPrice pros & cons
- You spend money on actual dates in real life instead of endless online chatting
- Polished design and intuitive interface
- A vast dating pool of over 5M members
- Blog with useful articles
- Strict moderation
- Not the most detailed profiles compared to other online dating sites
- Messaging feature can’t be unlocked without placing a bid
WhatsYourPrice Review: Our thoughts and basic info
So, unlike most other dating sites, WhatsYourPrice doesn’t just connect singles. All the features available on this platform work for people who don’t want to spend all their time flirting online and those who believe that if someone’s motivated to meet with you, he (it’s usually a man, but women can become Generous members paying to Attractive members, too) should spend some real money on the first date.
Is WhatsYourPrice legitimate? Well, I believe it’s a legit platform that, again, works only for a specific category of users, namely those who are 100% sure they want to meet someone attractive or successful and get their first date in real life.
There are no extra special premium membership features like video chat or anything like that, but there’s a bidding system that works pretty well.
Fast facts about WhatsYourPrice
- Number of users: Around 5 million members worldwide
- US share: Over 75% of Whats Your Price traffic comes from the United States
- Age of users: Over 45% of members are under the age of 35
- Site name:
- Paid or free: Paid with some free features available to Standard members
- Average sign-up time: ~ 3 minutes
- Whats Your Price premium membership: Credit system, the cost of credit starts at $0.25 per credit
Who is Whats Your Price for and not for?
- Generous men and women who don’t mind paying for a real date with someone attractive
- Attractive singles who want to meet generous partners and receive payments for dates
- Sex workers who want to find new clients
- Singles seeking hookups, one-night stands, and/or blatantly paid sex
How Whats Your Price works
So, here’s how this particular service works for both members:
- A user creates an account. As I’ve already mentioned previously, it’s entirely free, doesn’t take much time, and there are numerous opportunities to customize your account to attract more potential partners.
- A member can learn more about the potential matches and send winks. Access to profiles is unlimited and free, but the only way to interact with others as newly registered member is to send winks. That, however, helps you understand how much attention you’ll get on the site and avoid wasting your money.
- A user buys some credits. If the feedback is positive, a user can buy some credits to finally start communicating with others. In my case, I received enough winks to understand that I could really get that perfect first date with someone on the site.
- Messaging gets unlocked after your bid is accepted. Once you place your bid and it’s accepted, you can send messages to a person who’s already accepted your offer. Note that it can also be declined or even countered.
Basically, everything is simple, but what about the prices? Let’s move on to the costs—one of the most important parts of my WhatsYourPrice site review.
How much does Whats Your Price cost?
Currently, WhatsYourPrice prices are as follows:
Basically, that’s the whole price review. There are no hidden costs or extra payments – 500 credits allow you to unlock dozens of date offers, and you can control spending.
What can I do for free?
So, all Whats Your Price standard members can do the following:
- Create an account and edit it. Everyone can join the site to get their first dates, and there are all the tools you may need to use to make your profile really detailed and get more attention on the site.
- Use the search feature. All the filters are free to use, and as a free member, I could even search for the profiles by keywords.
- Browse profiles. Access to accounts is unlimited.
- Send winks and favorite others. These are the free ways to let someone know you’re interested.
- Contact support. There’s a pretty detailed FAQ, and if you have any questions, you can reach the support team at any time just by filling in the form on the Whats Your Price site.
Though there are more free features than paid services, standard members still can’t actually communicate on the site.
What can I do with credits?
There are only two ways to spend your money on Whats Your Price:
- Place bids. The minimum bid on the first dates is $5, and the maximum is $500
- Unlock messaging. You can send messages only if your bid has already been accepted
Again, that’s the site for people seeking real dates, so there’s not much you can do online, and considering the concept, that seems reasonable.
Registration on Whats Your Price
- Registration takes up to 5 minutes
- You can sign up with your Google Account
- Users can join as Attractive members or Generous members
- Queer and bisexual users are accepted, too
- Profiles and photos are checked and approved by moderators
I was able to create an account on this dating site within around 4 minutes, and it could’ve taken even less if I preferred to sign up with my Google account. Still, as a new user, I just needed to enter my email and password and then fill in the following fields:
- I am (man, woman)
- I want to (receive offers/make offers)
- I’m interested in meeting (omen, men, both)
- Date of birth
Online dating sites can provide information on the number of members, but sometimes, the tools and platforms that allow you to see the traffic of the website are more honest, so I decided to learn more about Whats Your Price using SimilarWeb.
According to it, the site has around 1 million monthly visits on average, and that’s a stable number that doesn’t change much over time.
Over 75% of traffic on this online dating site comes from the US, 4%+ comes from Brazil and Canada, and around 3% is from Mexico and Italy. So, using Whats Your Price definitely makes more sense if you’re in the US now, and though people from other countries and even continents can succeed here, too, the chances will be lower.
As for the gender ratio, surprisingly, more male users join the Whats Your Price website. Currently, 65% of users are male, and obviously, they are older. Considering what I saw on the platform, I can assume that most women are 18-30 years old, while men are 30-60 years old, i.e., there are members of all other age groups on the site.
So, the demographics of the Whats Your Price dating site look pretty healthy. There are no large groups of users from African countries, and age ranges look reasonable. The site is full of younger females who join as attractive members, many looking for a sugar daddy.
On the other hand, men are seeking casual dating and are often ready to compensate ladies for it. Again, it’s not an escort dating site, but I’d say that though it’s not a niche sugar dating platform, it still can work as one of the sugar dating sites.
The first thing I noticed was that the interface was surprisingly user-friendly. I expected there to be a lot of links, buttons, and windows—it happens too often on other sites offering more standard services and features. But on What Your Price, everything is super simple. There’s a main menu, a search section, bids, and messages (you’ll see your conversation after you unlock it with a particular member).
The only complaint I have is that you can’t see the bottom menu with a lot of useful information on the Search page—there’s an endless scroll that doesn’t let you see the FAQ, Tips, Terms, and Blog. As for the rest, I could access any page or section and use any feature with 1-2 clicks. The design is even too minimalistic for me, but I realize it’s mostly a matter of taste.
What I liked as a user
So, I spent around a month on the site, and though I didn’t go on real dates with my matches, I still paid for dates and communicated with ladies. Here’s what I liked about the experience:
- Not an escort service. I had some serious concerns about the legality of this platform. As you know, prostitution is a crime, and not only the person who provides such services commits it—paying for sex is also criminally prosecuted. I liked the fact that the team of the site emphasizes that it’s not for getting paid sex. There’s also an opportunity to report a violation of this rule. Also, I didn’t meet a woman who’d try to get extra payment for extra services.
- Safe payments. Only safe payment options are offered, transactions are processed very fast, and there are no payment auto-renewals or anything like that, so I felt completely safe when purchasing credits on the site.
- Very strict moderation. My photo was manually checked and then approved, which means that all the members passed this test—it makes Whats Your Price a much safer place overall.
- Good online messenger. It’s user-friendly, not buggy, and works pretty much like any other messenger you may have used on a social networking site or downloaded in one of the app stores.
Also, I could access the site via a mobile browser without much difficulty. Though the official mobile app hasn’t been launched yet, I experienced no difficulty as a mobile user.
Whats Your Price: Personal profile overview
- All profile photos can be viewed by profile visitors
- About Myself & My Ideal First Date are written by the member
- Members add their interests
- There are Wishlists with gifts a user would like to receive
So, what were the profiles like? Like any other Internet site, Whats Your Price allows members to provide extensive details to attract other users.
However, not all members make enough effort to make their profiles super-detailed—it largely depends on the user. There are attractive women who add a lot of photos, as well as those who share just 1-2 pics on the site. Nonetheless, photos aren’t the only thing that matters. Generally speaking, here’s what I could see after browsing a profile of an Attractive member:
- Photo, location, and age—this information was always provided, no exception
- Gallery—again, all the photos can be viewed, full-sized, but not all users add 10 photos, some prefer just to upload 2-3 of them
- About Me—basic information like body type, height, children, drinking and smoking habits, education, occupation, and income
- Wishlist—gift ideas, and you can actually order those gifts for someone on this online dating site
- Interests—just a few hashtags
- About Me—whatever a user wants to say
- Ideal first date—some ideas for you to know what a perfect first date means to a user
All in all, that’s enough information, and I didn’t notice many obviously fake profiles, but they aren’t usually super-detailed either. If you want to stand out on this dating site, I’d recommend doing the following:
- Add at least 5 photos (at least 3 photos for generous members)
- Get ID verified to attract more people and get more first dates in real life
- Focus on the About Me and First Date sections more than on anything else and make them really useful and informative for others
On this site, profile quality is especially important. After all, people usually don’t want to make random choices when money is involved.
Let’s talk about the pictures in more detail. On Whats Your Price, they must meet certain requirements, so if you want to meet them and get more attention on this online dating site overall, just do the following:
- Avoid no-face photos—they’ll just hardly help you attract potential partners. But if you’re seeking extra privacy and don’t want everyone on the site to see your pics, add your best photos to your Secret Albums and grant access only to the best potential partners.
- Read the rules before uploading a photo—avoid nudity and don’t add any contact details or any commercial information
- Don’t use stock photos—all the pictures are manually moderated, so your new Whats Your Price account will just be blocked.
If you have good pictures on your Whats Your Price profile, your chances of finding a partner on the site will increase by 300%.
|Whats Your Price
|Chat is the main communication feature, but it’s unlocked only after the bid is accepted. Both bidding and messaging are available only to premium users who can control their spending and place different bids starting at $5.
|Chat is the main communication feature available only to paying members. Users who have already bought credits can spend 10 credits on unlocking a conversation, and all the following messages sent to this user will be free.
|The site doesn’t promote itself as a sugar dating platform and works as a platform for traditional dating designed for people seeking extra guarantees and investments. Still, many members join to find a relationship of a sugar nature.
|This is the sugar dating site created exclusively for sugar babies and sugar daddies, and all members here are looking for mutually beneficial arrangements.
|No mobile app in app stores, but the site is mobile-optimized.
|No mobile app in app stores, but the site is mobile-optimized.
|All the advanced search filters can be used by non-paying users. There’s free access to profiles, but profiles don’t have verification badges.
|All advanced search filters can be used by non-paying users. There’s free access to profiles, but there are Secret Albums that can be viewed only by paying members. Users can get verified.
So, does WhatsYourPrice work? More importantly, is WhatsYourPrice worth the money? I believe every person should answer this question for themselves after setting their priorities. If you’re tired of online conversations that go nowhere, ghosting, and insecurities, it might be the right site for you. It can also work for those who are tired of dating people who aren’t ready to make investments of any kind and seek guarantees, including financial ones.
As I’ve noted previously, Whats Your Price isn’t promoted as a sugar website, but as far as I understood, many users don’t mind starting such relationships and searching for partners who also believe that a relationship can be mutually beneficial.
It depends on what you are looking for. If you’re looking for dates in real life and want to get the ultimate confirmation of your potential date’s interest, it might be the right website for you. If you have other values and views of relationships, you might like other dating sites more.
Yes, it is. It’s a unique website, though, just because here, people actually pay for dates. Note that’s not an escort site or anything like that—it’s just a platform where users are motivated enough to meet attractive women and men to pay for a date or get paid for it.
The average offer on WhatsYourPrice ranges depending on the location and popularity of the profile. But the majority of bids are about $50-$100, which is actually quite affordable for most people.
Yes, you can pay with your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted), and the transaction will be safe. The site uses the best data encryption software, so you won’t have to worry about your money. You’ll also see credits on your balance in just a few minutes.
No, it’s a legit dating site. However, it doesn’t mean that certain security measures shouldn’t be taken—there are some fake accounts (they are quickly suspended by moderators, but still), so we’d recommend checking profiles and pictures using Google image search before you place a bid. Also, you shouldn’t agree to send or accept money somewhere outside the website.