ePassion Dating Site Review
|Number of Members
|More than 60M (together with sister site Ashley Madison)
|100 credits – $59
500 credits – $159
1,000 credits – $259
Hookups and affairs
I’ve been exploring casual dating sites for over two years now, and what can I say: the majority are just about online business and getting the most out of members. But is ePassion app the same?
I didn’t find many ePassion.com reviews, and the only thing that I knew before joining was that popular Ashley Madison powered this dating site. So, I decided to take everything into my own hands, create a profile and see what services and prices are currently offered to ePassion members.
So, hop on board, see if I regret joining ePassion, and explore who you can really meet on the platform.
ePassion pros & cons
- Open-minder community of active female and male users
- Convenient search based on sexual interests
- You can browse ePassion anonymously
- Hidden albums with private photos
- There are some fake accounts
- Not many unique services (for example virtual gifts or streams)
- Free account is quite limited
ePassion review: My thoughts and basics info
For those who don’t know what is ePassion, it’s a platform meant for affairs, casual relationships, and fun short-term dating. The dating site is powered by Ashley Madison, so by registering to ePassion, I got an Ashley Madison account as well as access to the big responsive pool of AM users.
ePassion doesn’t require filling in a lot of personal info for registration, members can browse profiles anonymously, and there is everything for search with the Discover feature and communication with Messages. But the dating site is not free: free members can access basic features, and paying members can use everything on the dating service.
So, is ePassion worth it? Making an honest ePassion review, I can say it’s a legit platform connecting like-minded people curious about various casual encounters. If that’s something up your alley, then it’s definitely worth it!
Fast facts about ePassion online dating site
- Number of users: With access to the Asley Maddison member base, ePassion has over 60M members
- Gender ratio: ePassion has 58% of female users and 42% of male users
- Age range of members: 60% ePassion’s users are under 35 years old
- Statistics in the app: 4.2-star rating and nearly 500,000 reviews on IOS, and 3.4-star rating and over 200,000 reviews on Android
- Site Name:
- Paid or Free: Free basic membership with the option to upgrade
- Average Sign-Up Time: ~ 3 minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: Plans start as low as $59 per 100 credits, but you can save if you opt for a bigger credit package with a price of $0.26 per credit instead of $0.59
Who is ePassion for and not for?
- Singles looking for casual encounters and new friends
- People interested in NSA relationships
- Sugar daddies/babies searching for a partner
- Wives and husbands seeking affair
- People searching for serious commitments
- Singles who are interested in finding a marriage partner
- Men and women who seek long-term romantic relationships
- People who mind spending $50-$100 on online dating
How ePassion works?
From what I saw, ePassion is a straightforward platform for finding a date. That’s what makes it easy to use the service for casual relationships.
I’d describe a typical ePassion experience as you join the site, create an account in less than 5 min, search for a company, connect via messages, and arrange a real-life date. But there are also some interesting services like you can track who viewed your account and send and request keys to private albums with more risky photos.
Overall, I’d say that using ePassion is no different from other similar dating sites, as the platform is quite standard. There are no features to be overwhelmed with, and all of them get the job done.
Also, there is a cool option of anonymous browsing that allows men and women on the site to hide their identities, which is very popular considering the niche. Usually, a person searching for casual dating or someone who has special sex interests doesn’t like to share too many personal details.
But the important question arises — is ePassion free? No. Though the dating site has a free version, communication is not possible without spending money.
How much do you need to spend on ePassion?
There is no set ePassion price that you should spend. The website runs on credits, meaning users decide how much to spend. I paid money only for the services I actually used.
|Cost per credit
Overall, prices for credits on the website are quite average and similar to other niche sites. I started with 500 credits because I felt like it was a golden line between making a cost-effective choice, at the same time, not spending too much at once.
I think that it’s great that users can choose when and how many credits to buy, as it saves them from spending when they are not using the site. Or, in case you just forget about your ePassion profile, you won’t be getting recurring fees.
What can I do for free on the website?
As a free member of the site, I was able to:
- Create and update my page
- Browse profiles of other users in Discover
- Use search filters
- See public photos and profile data
- Send winks
- Add any user to the favorites
- Block scammers and report fake profiles
- Request and grant keys to private photos on the website
- Download the app for iOS and Android
After I compared the list of free features I tested during my review of the e Passion app to other similar sites, I can say that the variety and number of services are on point. However, if you are interested in really connecting to potential dates, you will need to go premium.
What can I do with credits?
Credits opened the doors to many new possibilities on the ePassion app. I was able to use:
- Photo exchange
- View private hot photos
- Use anonymous browsing without showing your data
- Get Boosted with Priority Man feature
All the fee-based services worked well, and I enjoyed chatting with many interesting people. I messaged around 50 users from all over the world and got 43 replies. So, I’d say that the reply rate is great.
However, I think that ePassion would benefit from adding more communication ways like video chat, calls, or streams. Oh, and having a panic button would also be great, especially for members who don’t live alone.
Conclusion: Is ePassion better than other dating sites?
After a thorough ePassion.com review, I can say it’s a decent place for casual romance that will work best for people who search for easy online communication and casual IRL dates. I enjoyed using the website as it doesn’t take a lot of effort to use — everything is easy and intuitive.
Also, during my review, I got so many messages first, so I’d say ePassion will work for all my shy folks too.
Yes. Anyone can try the ePassion app for free, as basic membership doesn’t require any payments. But if you want to use the advanced features that the website offer, you’ll need to buy credits (smart online business move).
Credits work as a unique virtual currency that members can spend to view hidden photos on the page of the member they like, write a fun comment, or just chat online. There is no pressure to buy a certain package, and credits never expire.
Yes. There is an anonymous mode on the websites, as well as adding a profile pic or sharing private data on your page is not obligatory.
No. Nothing you share on the website appears on Google search results. Only members of ePassion can see and connect with members.